Sunday, October 20, 2013

Colleen's Sugar Cookies

My mother in law is the cookie queen as far as I'm concerned. From day one of knowing her, she has always had a surplus of homemade cookies in her cookie jar. Her specialties include, oatmeal chocolate chip, gingersnaps, and sugar cookies. My all time favorite, are her sugar cookies. They are soft,chewy, and YUMMY! I love them so much. She shared her recipe with me last Christmas and now I'm going to share it with you. I love this recipe because it is so easy and it doesn't make a huge batch. We still have small family and we can (should) only eat so many cookies. So pull out your pumpkin cookie cutters and whip up some frosting and bake away.

  Colleen's Sugar Cookies

Cream Together:
3/4 C Butter or Margarine *
1 C Sugar
2 Eggs
1 tsp. Vanilla

Then add: 
2 1/2 C Flour
1 tsp. Baking Powder
1 tsp. Salt

Mix until you get a soft dough. It will be a bit sticky. Don't add flour. Cover and chill in fridge for at least 1 hour. Roll out on floured surface and cut into desired shapes. Bake on cookie sheets in oven at 350 for seven minutes or until the edges are slightly brown. Let cool and then frost and decorate. Enjoy!!





*I use 1/2 C butter and 1/4 C shortening and I get more on the fluffy side cookies, Colleen uses tub margarine and gets a little more on the chewy side cookies. I love them both way!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this Caity! We tried a new recipe last Christmas and I didn't like the way they turned out, I was in need of a great Sugar Cookie recipe :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...