Monday, November 7, 2011

Cheese Ham and Bean Soup

I saw a similar recipe and it game me inspiration for this soup. I had some extra ham in the freezer and I had been craving soup. So this is what I threw together. Sorry I don't have a picture. I meant to take one but the soup was all gone by the time I remembered (that is how good it was).

Cheese Ham and Bean Soup
2TBS olive oil
1 large onion
2-3 peeled and chopped carrots
2-3 cups chopped ham(I love lots of ham so I added extra. Use whatever works best for you and your family)
1 rinsed can of white beans
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 (large)brick of Velveeta cheese
1 cup half and half or whole milk
milk or water to thin soup consistency if needed

So I add onion and carrots in olive oil and saute. Once the onions turn transparent add ham and saute together for 10-15 minutes.

Then I add beans, cream of mushroom, and Velveeta cheese. Slowly I add in the milk as the cheese melts down. When I get the consistency I want, I let it simmer for 10-15 minutes and then I serve.
It really was SO yummy. This is a great recipe for those that don't like broccoli(like my husband). You get that yummy cheddar soup taste and no complaints from the picky eaters. BAHaHa



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...