Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Aunt Tuney's Awesome Tortillas!!!

We LOVE this recipe.  I use it at least once a week now and it is a huge money saver too!!! (Tortillas can be expensive!!!)  We use it the most for bean burritos (my husband is on a high fiber diet) yum!
My hubby has some distant relatives that we are getting to know here in our new town!  At a family gathering my husbands cousin (Aunt Tuney) made us amazing burritos with homemade tortillas.  She was gracious enough to share the recipe with me and gave permission for me to post it here.  Enjoy!!! 
P.S.  I have started using whole wheat flour in these and is super yummy!

1 cup flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder                                                       
1 teaspoon oil (Like Crisco not Penzoil)

Water to make a dough. I don’t know how much, try ½ cup, if not enough, add more, if too much, add a little flour.  Mix all this all together. Pull off some dough and roll it out, pretty thin.  Separate each one with wax paper if making enough for company.  Cook in a frying pan when grease is hot. Turn over onto other side and cook. It doesn’t take very long to cook, like maybe 10-15 seconds on each side. Place tortilla on a plate..
This recipe is okay to double but not triple or more.  Just make another batch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...