Thursday, November 10, 2011

Raviolis Caseros (Homemade) !!!

So I've been missing Argentina a lot lately...seems like whenever I get thinking about it I start making lots of Argentine meals in our home.  Lately its been Raviolis Caseros and I am so in love!!!  The recipe for the Raviolis came from one of my new favorite websites: fromargentinawithlove.  This woman is amazing, I love her recipes (and she just gave birth to a gorgeous little girl, theres a picture on her website).  Anyway, her recipe for the dough and for the filling are amazing.  In the pictures below I used a different filling recipe--Butternut Squash Raviolis in Buttered Sage Sauce (from Food Network's Emeril Lagasse)--really yummy too if you want a change from the standard cheese filling.  Here are the recipes:



For Sauce on Top:

There is a great recipe on FromArgentinaWithLove included at the bottom of the Ravioli Recipe
(I use that recipe on pizzas and gnocchis), but I have my own creation from my time in Argentina that I like on the raviolis:

Moe's Marinara
1 tbsp olive oil
2-3 tbsp garlic
(saute til starting to brown)
Add:
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can tomato sauce
A bunch of basil
A bunch of Italian Seasoning
Salt to taste (1 tsp ish)
Sugar to taste (3 soupspoons ish)
Lemon Juice (1/8 cup ish)
1-2 Sweet Italian Sausage (I cook up and freeze so I can just throw it in)
Canned Mushrooms (opt)
Olives (opt)






Just a note about making your own raviolis.  It appears hard and time consuming...the truth is: it will be unless you plan it right.  If you make your sauce, you filling, your dough, the raviolis and try and do it all right before dinner, it will NOT work.  Plan ahead, make them in bulk so that the work you put in rewards you more than once.  I make things like this when my husband has to study late.  I hate being alone at night so its relaxing to me to turn on a movie and make a big batch of pasta to freeze.  Also, start early so you can let the dough rest and let the pasta dry for awhile after its all been assembled.  Making the dough on the counter is relaxing and fun (and my husband was so impressed by it :), the dough is soft and relaxing to work with, the end result is heaven on a platter, so if you enjoy that sort of thing you will love it, and the ravioli rolling pin makes all the difference, its so fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...