Friday, November 15, 2013

German Pancakes or Bubble Pancakes

Y'all ready for the easiest recipe ever? When I was growing up, my mom would make these amazing pancakes for breakfast and sometimes dinner. I inhaled them every time and I find myself craving them on cold mornings. Well this week the mornings were COLD and so I had to celebrate with German Pancakes. German pancakes are so simple and yummy and I just have to share. Are you ready for it?

German Pancakes
6 large eggs
1 cup milk
1 cup flour
1/4 cup butter

Your mind has been blown right?

In a METAL* 9x13 cake pan put your 1/4 cup butter and place in oven while it is preheating to 350 degrees.

In a bowl crack your eggs, pour in your milk, and then your flour.

Whisk together until there are no more lumps in your batter.

Pull out your pan when butter is melted completely and then coat the entire surface with the melted butter. I just tip that pan back and forth a couple times until the bottom and sides are covered.

Pour your batter into the pan and then put it in the oven and bake for 30 minutes at 350.


After thirty minutes you should have the end result of these amazing bubbly golden yellow/brown pancakes. Serve with butter and maple syrup and a dust of powder sugar. (I also enjoy with ice cold milk)


*Glass pans never work out as well as metal. I don't know why? Just trust me :)



1 comment:

  1. I love to eat mine with lemon juice and powdered sugar, Yum! And I've never actually cooked it in a metal pan before, but I'll have to try that next time and see if it cooks better!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...