Friday, October 25, 2013

Pumpkin Bread by my Mother




Every family has its staples...you know what I mean, something "produced or stocked in large quantities to meet steady demand."--thank you Webster.    Growing up in my parents' home we had some pretty great staples.  Each fall my mother made multiple batches of heavenly Pumpkin bread, it was a fall staple food and continues to be in my home today.  When I called my  mother this week to chat she was making up a super batch and I just had to whip up some myself.

My Kindergartener needed some cupcakes for school and I needed a loaf to use for my Preschooler's Joy School group.  This recipe made two extra large loafs plus a dozen cupcakes.  Perfect!

P.S. I used "Our Best Bites" Buttercream Frosting Recipe for the cupcakes, that is a DYNAMITE recipe!

Pumpkin-Walnut Bread Deluxe
(the MEGA batch)

5 ¼ cups flour
¾ tsp. baking powder
3 tsp. soda
4 ½ cups sugar
1 ½ tsp. cloves
1 ½ tsp. cinnamon
1 ½ tsp. nutmeg
*1 ½ cups walnut pieces
*1 ½ cups chocolate chips
6 eggs
1 large can of pumpkin
1 ½ cups vegetable oil
1 ½cups cold water
*optional

Blend flour, baking powder, soda, salt, sugar, spices, walnut pieces and chocolate chips in large bowl and set aside.
Beat eggs well in large mixing bowl, then add pumpkin and blend thoroughly.
Add oil and 1 ½ cups cold water and mix well.
Pour over flour mixture and stir until completely blended.
Place in 3 greased and floured small loaf pans or 2 large loaf pans.

Bake small loaves in preheated 325°F oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes or large loves at 300°F for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

 photo cookweb1.png


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...