Friday, January 21, 2011

Spicy Homemade Mac and Cheese


I made this one up, but it turned out so good! So hopefully I can remember what I did.

2-3 whole roasted red peppers.
1 box cream cheese
2 tsp minced garlic
2 tsp parsley

Blend all above ingredients

Boil some of your favorite pasta(however much you need. I boiled half a box of penne)

3-4 cups sharp cheddar cheese
1 cup half and half
3 TBS butter
1/4-1/2 cup flour

Melt butter and then whisk in flour until you make a good roux. Add half and half and mix until thick gravy texture. Add you cheese and fold in with a wood spoon (stir in using figure 8's. it helps blend in the cheese better.) Then add your blended mixture. I added my pasta and then toped with a bread crumb/butter mixture and some more cheese.

You might have some extra cheese mixture. I put it in a zip lock freezer bag and freezed it and just un-thawed it when I wanted to make this meal again. It was just as good as it was the first time!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...