Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas (Easy on the Hips)

I found THIS RECIPE on Pinterest and thought it sounded amazing. However, after reading it I decided I needed to cut some calories out if possible. This is what I came up with and it is now one of our favorites.

Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas

(This recipe needs to be started the day before you intend to eat it.)

You will need:

1 lb. cooked, shredded chicken ( I usually boil chicken and then throw it in my Kitchenaid with the paddle attachment to shred it. I have also used rotisserie chicken.)
1 jar green salsa
3 TBS honey
1 tsp chili powder
2 TBS lime juice (2 limes)
3/4 cup greek yogurt
1/2-3/4 cup monterrey jack cheese*
10-12 small tortillas

Prepare:

I mix the green salsa, honey, chili powder, and lime juice in a  bowl or Tupperware container that can seal. I throw in my chicken, seal my lid on tight, and then shake it until all the chicken is covered in the mixture. I let it sit overnight. If your forgetful or you just don't have the time, you can marinate for a couple hours but it might not taste as yummy ;)

The next day, pull it out and add your greek yogurt and half your cheese. Put about a 1/4  a cup of the mixture in the middle of your tortillas, roll up, and place in a cake pan or casserole dish with sides. Try to save some topping for the top if you can. I can usually get 10 enchiladas with a little to spare and 12 if I don't want to put the topping on. Sprinkle the rest of your cheese on the top and bake in your oven for 25 minutes covered with tin foil and 5 minutes uncovered in a 350 degree oven.



*I personally don't like a lot of cheese on the tops of my enchiladas. If you love a ton of melted cheese on top and in your enchiladas, then I would bump up the cheese to a 1 cup :)



1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...