Sunday, November 3, 2013

Baked Ravioli

 I love this recipe and it is so easy and fast! I use it all the time and my family loves it. When my sister in law Vanessa was visiting us, I made this for her and she loved it. I have been meaning to get her the recipe, so this post is for you Ness. I used to be a huge believer in the fresh raviolis that you find in the refrigerated section at the grocery store, but this recipe calls for frozen and I have been won over. They are bigger, you get more for your dollar, and they are tastier in my opinion. So here is the link to the original RECIPEThe blog is called The Country Cook and I love this recipe of hers. I have changed it up just a bit though.

Baked Ravioli-

1 tsp of EVOO
1 medium sized diced onion
1 TBS minced garlic
1 lb. ground hamburger (I usually only use 1/2 a pound to stretch a dollar. I have also used ground pork.)
1 TBS of Italian seasoning
1 tsp garlic salt
1 (26 oz)jar of your favorite marinara sauce
1  (25 oz)pkg of frozen cheese ravioli
*1-2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 425

Cook onions and garlic until translucent in EVOO. Add your hamburger. Crumble and cook, While the meat is cooking, sprinkle the garlic salt and Italian seasoning over the hamburger and cook until brown. Add your marinara sauce. Grab your baking dish and spoon about 3/4 cup meat sauce on the bottom of the pan. Place a layer of frozen ravioli on top of that. Spoon another 3/4 cups of sauce over that layer. Place the rest of the ravioli on top of that and then pour the remaining sauce on top.You are going for a lasagna type technique.   Sprinkle your cheese on top and cover with aluminum foil. Bake in oven for 30 minutes. Take the foil off and turn your broil on for 2 minutes to make your cheese all yummy and bubbly brown. Let is sit for 10 minutes or if your family is starving just dig in.

*Because cheese is expensive, I just use a little on top. You can layer the cheese in the dish with the sauce, but I usually opt out and just put it on the top. I don't think it makes that big of a difference because you are using cheese ravioli.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...