Tuesday, September 24, 2013

The Most Excellent Banana Bread Recipe

One of my favorite treats is banana bread. I have so many wonderful memories of eating warm banana bread that my mom would make on fall or winter days. There is nothing much better than coming in from a cold snowy East Idaho day and eating warm banana bread. Now I have tried many different recipes for banana bread and they never are great. Finally, I came across a couple different recipes on Pinterest and combined what I liked from them and came up with this recipe. I use this recipe all the time and it always turns out perfect. It even taste good on hot humid Texas days. I hope y'all enjoy.

The Most Excellent Banana Bread Recipe

In one bowl mix-

2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt

In another bowl mix-

1 cup sugar
4 TBS softened butter
2 large eggs, 3 bananas
1/3 cup vanilla/plain flavored Greek yogurt
1 tsp vanilla

Mix together with hand mixer until mixed well. Combine flour mixture and wet mixture together and mix well but don’t over mix. Combine 1-2 cups of your favorite mixture combination. Some of my favorite’s are-

*1 cup mini chocolate chips and 1 cup broken up frozen raspberries(tossed in 1 TBS of flour)
*1 cup shredded coconut and 1 cup butterscotch chips
*1 cup cinnamon chips and 1 cup chopped walnuts
*1 cup mini reeses pieces

I pour into one large loaf size bread pan or three mini loaf pans then I sprinkle with a cinnamon streusel. This is Our Best Bites recipe doubled. It makes a lot and I store it in a airtight container in my fridge and use whenever I make sweet breads or muffins.

Streusel Topping
1/2 cup sugar
5 TBS flour
1 tsp cinnamon
3 TBS butter

Combine sugar, flour, and cinnamon. Cut in butter with a two butter knives or pastry cutter until mixture is crumbly.


Put in oven and bake at 350 until center of bread is cooked through. The mini loaves take around 60 minutes. The large loaf takes 80 minutes.(Make sure you keep a eye on them both after 1 hour) I test the center by using a wooden bbq skewer. Enjoy a nice piece of banana bread with a spread of butter.

A quick shout out to my new favorite BREAD PANS. I ordered these from Amazon at the beginning of the year and they have been so much fun to use. I love that I can make three small loafs and give away most of my yummy treat. Then I don't feel so guilty baking yummy sweets. These are also perfect for freezing because they don't take long to thaw.

Look how cute these little banana breads turned out for my visiting teaching ladies. 

1 comment:

  1. Looks yummy sis, I think I'm going to try this next week :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...