Friday, July 15, 2011

Gnocchi Sauce (and an improvement on the Gnocchi itself)


I found the COOLEST website: http://fromargentinawithlove.typepad.com/from_argentina_with_love/
If you want a recipe from Argentina she has it and she is super nice!  I was so excited when I found her website I almost cried.  She married a guy from the Mendoza area (where I served my mission) and they travel there every year to visit his family.  If you want a recipe that is authentic from the Mendoza area she will most likely have it.

She had this sauce posted on her site for gnocchi sauce and it was so good:

Gnocchi Sauce
6 tsp minced garlic (6 garlic cloves)
5 Tbsp olive oil
Put oil in skillet on medium heat.  Saute garlic till golden brown.  (don’t burn)
Add 2 regular cans diced tomatoes
Juice from half a lemon
¾ tsp salt
2 tsp sugar
A big handful of dried basil
Raise to medium high, cover and simmer for 30 minutesa
I've also perfected my gnocchi's by changing an Olive Garden recipe that I have used in the past, so this is my adapted version that makes them perfect--my hubby was so impressed!
Gnocchis
4 packed cups of mashed potatoes
1 ½ cup flour
2 eggs
½ tsp salt
Mix in mixer to form soft dough
Use extra flour when rolling out

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...