Friday, July 15, 2011

Amazing Huckleberry Muffins!!!

Did I mention these were amazing...I got them from allrecipes. com--thank you Laura!!!
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/huckleberry-muffins/detail.aspx

Nothing says Idaho more than huckleberries, in our new town when we want to impress we make something with huckleberries in it and they are always a crowd pleaser.  These huckleberry muffins are no exception...I took them to a Relief Society gathering and they were gone within minutes of starting the social. 

Seriously addictive yet very simple:

3/4 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg
3/4 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 3/4  cup flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup huckleberry
1 Tbsp flour

 Cream butter and sugar, add wet ingredients.  Mix dry ingredients and pour in.  Mix well.  It says to toss huckleberries in the 1 Tbsp of flour but I just dump them in...in fact I just dumped everything into a mixer and mixed it all up.  Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.  Press on tops and if it bounces back up the muffins are done.  If I fill muffin tins to about 2/3 full I can get two dozen out of the recipe.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...