Thursday, May 19, 2011

Italian Enchilada Crepes

So here is a recipe that I made up when I was in the 8th grade. I had learned how to make crepes from my young women leader Sonja and she had taught me how to make some savory crepes. Well they were delicious and so when I got home I started to play around with crepes. I came up with this and I even used it on my Speech class as my demonstration speech. So here it is...

Crepes
4 eggs
2 cups flour(sifted)
2 cups milk
1/4 cup butter(soft or melted)
1 tsp salt
3 tbs sugar
This recipe make probably 10 medium sized crepes :)
You spread your crepe out onto your greased, non-stick pan and then lift and do some wrist action to get the batter to spread out thinly.

You cook your crepes up and set to the side.

The rest of your ingredients!

1 large chicken breast
1 can Alfredo sauce(anything but ragu)
1/2 pound Swiss cheese- half sliced, half shredded
12 thin slices of deli ham


I brown up some diced seasoned chicken (when I say seasoned chicken I mean- salt, pepper, garlic, pepper flakes, whatever spices you like etc......) I cook my chicken in a half butter, half EVOO mixture. Something that I learned from Rachel Ray is that the best thing that you can do to get your chicken browned, is to just leave it alone. Put it into a hot pan and let it sit there for like 5-10 minutes without messing with it. It will give it amazing color and taste. After my chicken is cooked, I add the can of Alfredo. Then I start putting the crepes together

I lay out a crepe and put in 3 slices of ham
Then I put in 2 slice of swiss cheese

Then I add my Alfredo/chicken, then I roll it up like a enchilada.
After I get them all rolled up, I put my remaining sauce on top of the crepes and then cover with my shredded swiss cheese. Cook at 350 for 20-30 minutes :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...