Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Chicken Cordon Bleu

I love making this for dinner and it really is so easy(if you don't mind touching raw chicken). It is one those meals that you can make for a special occasion and it won't take you all day long.

So I never follow a recipe for this but there is a special process for the finished project.

Ingredients

2 large chicken breasts
2 slices of deli ham
2 thick slices of swiss cheese 1/4 of an inch
Seasoning for the crust of chicken. I use Weber Chicago Seasoning Grinder from Sams Club. I use this seasoning for EVERYTHING!!! I love it and I think I got it at Sams for only 4 bucks!!!

So first I clean my chicken by taking off the extra fat or bloody veins(you know what i am talking about right??)

Then I get a a sharp fillet knife or paring knife and I cut a small hole in the side of the chicken and I carefully make a pocket inside of the chicken. It really is easier then it sounds. Just take your time and try really hard not to make any other holes in the chicken.

Then I roll the swiss cheese slice (from 1 inch wide and 3 inches long) in my sliced deli ham.

Then I stuff the cheese and ham inside of the pocket in the chicken. Take your time and try not to rip the hole bigger.

Then I take a tooth pick and seal the hole in the chicken together.(I kind of sew it together. Just like you are pinning it together)

I like to put on an extra (thin) slice of swiss cheese on top :) The more cheese the merrier right!!

I take my seasoning grinder and cover the outside of my chicken.

I place it in the oven for 30 minutes at 375 until it turns golden brown on the outside of the chicken. We also like to grill this!
I like to serve this with steamed vegetables of some sort. I like to steam red potatoes together with carrots and then as soon as they are done, I put butter and a little honey on them and then sprinkle them with Salt and Pepper. They are so good and I can usually get my toddler to eat some :) I also mix up 50/50 Dijon mustard and Mayo to dip the chicken in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...