Friday, January 28, 2011

Scentsy Party Appetizers

Who needs a main dish when you have so many awesome appetizers.  Whether it be a baby shower, bridal shower or you are hosting a Scentsy Party (or something of the like)  this is the post for you!






Bacon Wrapped Water-Chestnuts

2 cans Whole Water Chestnuts (I had to use sliced last night and it still worked)
1 1/2 pkg sliced bacon (I like thinner smoked ham)
Wrap bacon around chestnut and secure with a toothpick.  Place on cookie sheet (my genious sister Caitlin lays tinfoil down first and now so do I)  Cook for about 1 hour at 350 or until bacon is getting crispy. 
Mix:
1/2 cup brown sugar 
1 1/2 cup catsup
Sometimes I throw in a bit of Worcestershire Sauce

Dip each piece into the sauce and place back on the cookie sheet, before serving put back in the oven for about 15 to 20 minutes to heat and serve.  These are crowd pleasers!!!

Fruit Dip
1 8oz pkg Cream Cheese
1 container Marshmallow Cream
3 Tablespoons Sugar
3 Tablespoons of Orange Juice (if handy I throw it in)
red food coloring

Mix, chill and serve with fresh fruit--goes the best with strawberries, grapes and apples...at least that is what I like.

Tomato Basil Bagette Appetizers...
I don't know the fancy name...
Slice french bread or bagette (for smaller bits) and place on cookie sheet
Spray olive oil pam spray on each piece or spread pesto on each piece (I like the pesto the best...Caitlin used a Basil pesto that comes in a squeeze tube and that was great)
Place a slice of tomato on each piece
Sprinkle basil over top
Sprinkle a bit of Parmesan Cheese on top
Spray again with Olive Oil Pam Spray
Cook in oven until toasted (I prefer them lightly toasted...last night they were darker than what I like)
These are great with any Italian dish you make too as a side

Tortilla Roll-Ups
6 large Tortillas
1 Pkg Cream Cheese
1 can green chilis
1 can black olives
1 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese (about)
Deli Ham

Mix cream cheese and green chillis (I usually don't add the whole can cause my family doesn't like spicey).  Add chopped olives and shredded Cheddar.  Spread all over your tortilla (as thick as you like) and then place slices of ham over top to cover tortilla.  Roll up tightly and place them in the fridge to chill.  Before serving pull them out and slice them (1 inch to 2 inch thick) and plate them.  Yum!



 photo cookweb1.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...