Friday, December 17, 2010

Meatballs





This is McKenzie's Recipe. I LOVE meatballs! You can use them for so many different dishes. So I thought if I was going to go through the hassle of mixing them up and cooking them, why not make a surplus of them? So here is the recipe I used

McKenzie's Meatballs

1 1/2 Pounds Ground Beef
1/3 Cup Minced Onion (I use dehydrated onion. It is already minced up and all you have to do is add a little water and put in the microwave for 30 seconds! Saves ALOT of time!)
1 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Minced Garlic
2/3 Cup Saltine Cracker Crumbs
1 Egg
1/4 Cup Milk (I like to use Whole or Half and Half)

Cook in 1/2 Cup Melted Shortening on Medium, Brown outside's of Meatballs, then place on cookie sheet and let finish cooking at 300F

So I did all of that but I multiplied it by 4 :) I got over 120 Meatballs. That night I made yummy Spaghetti and Meatballs. Next time I use them I will make Waikiki Meatballs and/or Meatball Stuffing Casserole. I put my extra Meatballs into a Gallon Freezer bag precooked so that I can just throw them into my next Meal. Here is McKenzie's Waikiki Sauce Recipe

Waikiki Sauce
2TBS Cornstarch
1 Can Pineapple tidbits
1TBS Soy Sauce
1/2 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
1/3 Cup Diced Green Pepper

Combine a little Pineapple Juice with Corn starch to make thick runny paste-liquid. Set aside.
Combine Pineapple juice, Brown Sugar, Apple Cider Vinegar, and Soy Sauce. Bring to Boil then add corn starch liquid. It will thicken up and then you poor it over your meatballs and let it soak all of that sweet yummy goodness into the meat. Then you serve over rice.

This is SO yummy. In fact my mouth is watering just thinking about it. Thanks Kenzie for giving me such a yummy meal to serve to my family.

1 comment:

  1. I think we are going to have to give Caitlin an award for being the MEATBALL MASTER!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...